Create Imaginary Animals: A Family Art Project
Create an animal from your imagination by mixing and matching animal parts.
Art is magic! Join us as we design and create ears, wings and other animal parts with colorful materials. Mix and match to invent your new animal!
Use everyday materials at home to create a project uniquely your own. Everyone is creative! This activity will help you learn new skills and grow as an artist. Art IS Education!
Here's what you'll need:
- Thin cardboard such as a cereal box or cracker box cut in three pieces:
- 1 rectangle about 3 inches x 10 inches
- 2 rectangles about 1 or 2 inches x 12 or 14 inches
- Simple plastic headband
- Paper: construction paper, tissue paper, copy/printer paper, wrapping paper, scrap paper, or paper bag
- Yarn, ribbon, or string- about 3 yards
- Glue stick, glue, tape or stapler
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Hole punch
- Printout of “Imaginary Animal Project Info” booklet (see attached below)
- Printout of “My Imaginary Animal” booklet (see attached below)
Also join us to share the imaginary animals you created at an online celebration on Friday, August 14 at 3:00 p.m.
A very limited supply of Family Art Kits are available at your local library on Wednesdays 7/29, 8/5 and 8/12 during No Contact Pickup hours; while supplies last. Registration for this event does not reserve a kit for pickup. A Family Art Kit is not required for this program. We encourage attendees to get their creative juices flowing by using supplies found around the house to create their very own unique imaginary animal!
This program is a partnership between Alameda County Library and the Alameda County Arts Commission.
Please register below and you’ll be sent the Zoom meeting details.
We at AC Library care about your privacy. None of our live programs where members can chat or share video are recorded and none of the chat logs are saved. No one who attends a virtual program will be able to see the list of other attendees. Links to join a program will not be posted publicly and will only be sent to members who register in advance.
AC Library currently uses GoToMeeting and Zoom for virtual programming. We encourage you to click on the join link a few minutes early to download the meeting software for the first time. If you do not want to download software, please use the Chrome browser to participate. When you login you will be given the option to share your webcam and microphone. The choice is yours! We’d love to see you like we do at the library, but also understand if you are still in your bathrobe.