Keeping Elders Safe: An Overview of Elder Abuse and Legal Remedies
At this FREE presentation by Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) of Legal Assistance for Seniors, you’ll learn about:
- What elder abuse is and the laws that address it
- The signs of financial, emotional, and physical abuse and neglect
- Legal remedies available to abused elders, including restraining orders
- Practical tips to help prevent abuse
- Information on agencies that can help
No registration is required for this event, but if you would like to receive an EVENT REMINDER, please register below.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Learning Center - Discovery, Learning Center - Exploration
- Castro Valley Library
The Library is wheelchair accessible. An ASL (American Sign Language) interpreter will be provided for this program if requested at least 7 days in advance. For assistance, please contact your library or email@example.com. Events subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
All Alameda County Library events are free.