Archimedes Week 4—Introduction to Laser Cutter and Vinyl Cutter Using Adobe Illustrator
This summer, the Alameda County Library offering a series of classes focusing on solving real-world problems using 2D, 3D design and wearable electronics. In addition to the technical skills, these classes will emphasize the creative problem-solving and lifelong learning skills that Fremont advanced manufacturing employers are requesting. The classes build towards two final week-long classes working with companies and nonprofits to solve real-world challenges they are facing.
In Introduction to Laser Cutter and Vinyl Cutter Using Adobe Illustrator, students will learn to use CAD to design an object you want to see exist in real life, then explore how to use our vinyl cutters and laser cutter to create it. Projects can include stickers, T-shirts, coffee mugs, signs, book covers, and jewelry, just to name a few. This class will include a series of lectures, then specific challenges designed to increase confidence and competence in the practical design skills and creative problem-solving.
- The class is one week long and meets Monday through Friday from 1 PM to 4 PM.
- All high schoolers are welcome to participate in the class.
- There are no prerequisite classes or skills - apart from an open mind, curiosity and willingness to learn.
- There are fifteen spaces available per week.
- You must apply by clicking the link below
Click here to apply for the classes. You will be notified by July 1.
Related LibGuide: Archimedes by Angel Vazquez
- Monday, July 29, 2019 Show more dates
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Fremont Main Library