Archimedes Week 1—Introduction to Wearable Electronics
This summer, the Alameda County Library offering a series of classes focusing on solving real-world problems using 2D, 3D design and wearable electronics. In addition to the technical skills, these classes will emphasize the creative problem-solving and lifelong learning skills that Fremont advanced manufacturing employers are requesting. The classes build towards two final week-long classes working with companies and nonprofits to solve real-world challenges they are facing.
In Introduction to Wearable Electronics students will use the Adafruit GEMMA Programmable Microcomputer to create an article of clothing (hat, bowtie, backpack) incorporating wearable electronics using programmable microcomputers and Arduino programming language. The focus will be on creating a custom project based on the interest of the student.
- The class is one week long and meet Monday through Friday from 1 PM to 4 PM.
- All high schoolers are welcome to participate in the class.
- There are no prerequisite classes or skills - apart from an open mind, curiosity and willingness to learn.
- There are fifteen spaces available per week.
- You must apply by clicking the link below
Click here to apply for the classes. You will be notified by July 1.
- Thursday, July 11, 2019 Show more dates
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Fremont Main Library