GET PAID TO HELP YOUR COMMUNITY!
Why work for the Census Bureau? How does it help my community?
- The Census is used to allocate over $800 billion in federal funding. An accurate count insures our community gets its fair share!
- The Census determines the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Businesses use census data to decide where to build factories, offices and stores, and this creates jobs.
- Developers use the census to build new homes and revitalize old neighborhoods.
- Local governments use the census for public safety and emergency preparedness.
- Residents use the census to support community initiatives involving legislation, quality-of-life and consumer advocacy.
Learn more and meet a local Census Bureau Representative on Monday April 8th and Monday April 15th from 1-3PM.
- Monday, April 15, 2019
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Castro Valley Library
The Library is wheelchair accessible. An ASL (American Sign Language) interpreter will be provided for this program if requested at least 7 days in advance. For assistance, please contact your library or firstname.lastname@example.org. Events subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
All Alameda County Library events are free.