College Application Essays: A Get-Them-Done Writing Session!
With final application deadlines for private colleges and universities fast approaching, this 2-hour writing session offers:
- guidance on how to answer main and supplemental essay prompts
- time to write or revise your application essay drafts
- constructive feedback for revising
Bring your Common App, Coalition, or supplemental essay drafts to this writing session and work toward completing them. Learn to interpret prompts you don’t understand, and start writing. As you write, receive on-the-spot feedback to help you craft outstanding application essays. You'll leave this session having made significant progress in completing your application essays.
What to bring:
- your essay prompts or questions
- any drafts you’ve written of your application essays (hard copy or on a laptop)
- your senior profile, if you have written one
- paper and pen
We’ll also cover how to write supplemental essays, how to write the fewest essays possible, and how to pace yourself so that you get all of your writing done before the deadlines!
Space is limited; registration required.
- Sunday, December 2, 2018
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Edith Stone Room
- Albany Library
The Library is wheelchair accessible. An ASL (American Sign Language) interpreter will be provided for this program if requested at least 7 days in advance. For assistance, please contact your library or email@example.com. Events subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
All Alameda County Library events are free.